Indianapolis has a lot of beautiful spaces for you to mark your special day. You can get married overlooking one of the area’s lakes, in an enormous gothic cathedral, on a downtown rooftop, at a scenic golf club, or even in a rustic barn. To highlight just a few of these, and keep in mind there are literally dozens more great options, we’ve listed some of our favorites below.
We chose them for variety — variety of price, experience, size and style — to give you a better idea of what’s out there. Even if you choose another of the area’s amazing venues, we hope this list gets you excited for the possibilities for your upcoming wedding.
- Rick’s Boatyard Cafe: Those looking for an affordable wedding and reception in a beautiful location, should take a look at Rick’s. The west-side Indianapolis location is right on the Eagle River Reservoir, providing that waterside feel. They have an on-site chef and planner, and there are a few set-ups to choose from, like their gazebo, an upper-level event space and a cocktail deck. The location is so romantic, Rick actually met his own wife, Tena, there.
- The Willows: For another scenic nuptial option, travel to northside Indianapolis to The Willows, located on Spirit Lake. The site has many sites to choose from for your vows and your reception, including a lakeside garden with a pergola, a terraced garden, a ballroom and a lodge. They even have their own on-site award-winning catering company, Crystal Catering, which serves the greater area, in addition to events on their properties.
- Mavris Arts and Event Center: This beautifully maintained historic four-story event space in downtown Indianapolis, off of East Washington Street, can provide both indoor and outdoor options for your big day. They have a rooftop patio with views of downtown; multiple large, elegant rooms with open beams and hardwoods throughout; a garden and even a speak-easy. For a downtown wedding, it should definitely be on your list.
- Scottish Rite Cathedral: Another downtown marriage venue, which is a hard-to-miss landmark in downtown Indianapolis, is the Scottish Rite Cathedral. While it may look like a church, the site was actually built by a Masonic organization. It is popular for weddings and receptions, which can be held in their grand hall, ballroom, lounge, lodge or even a theater. They partner with Kahn’s Catering for their food options.
- The Cardinal Room at the Golf Club of Indiana: Located in Zionsville, a little northwest of the city, this large venue can hold more people than most venues. Their 6,700 square foot event space overlooks the rolling hills of the Golf Club of Indiana, a popular area country club. The surrounding beauty of the well-manicured property makes a perfect place for an indoor/outdoor wedding.
- Traderspoint Creamery: Another nature-focused venue, also in Zionsville but with a more rustic feel, Traderspoint Creamery offers outdoor spaces with views of pastures and ponds, a fully renovated 1870s barn with enough space for 300 guests and other farmhouse-style rooms and spaces that offer an elegant, country-wedding feel.
Other considerations for a Indianapolis wedding
A venue is a major box checked off in your planning, but DJs, photographers and (*cough*) lawn game rental companies are also items you may want to consider. If you decide to include cornhole, giant jenga, giant connect four, or other lawn games in your Indianapolis-area wedding, give us a call at (919) 891-3495 to learn more.